Thursday, April 21, 2011

Easter Chapel

Pre-Kindergarten had the opportunity to join kindergarten through eighth grade for chapel, today.  It was a wonderful experience.  Teachers read an accounting of  Jesus' triumphal entry into Jerusalem, His betrayal and arrest, His death on the cross and the joy of  His resurrection.  As each part of the story unfolded we were invited to sing songs of praise.  Our junior high students did an interpretation of "All Rise", with sticks.  It was powerful, I could not hold back the tears.  What a blessing to watch the faces of my little class as they heard the story that we recently illustrated and know that they knew the sacrifice that was made for all of us.  I pray the Easter season reminds you of the time when you first gave your heart to Christ.  I was only 5 years old when I prayed to receive Christ as my personal saviour.  I am thankful that God sent His Son to die that I can have life everlasting.  God promises in His Word, to be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord.  Amen.






Please remember you are invited to join us throughout the year for Chapel services.

No comments:

Post a Comment