Thursday, April 21, 2011

Easter and Teacher Appreciation

"How can I say thanks 
For the things you have done for me, 
Things so undeserved
Yet you gave to prove your love for me.
The voices of a million angels,
could not express my gratitude,
All that I am and ever hope to be
I owe it all to you."

The words to this familiar song of gratitude to the Lord, express the gratefulness I have as we enter the Easter season.  On Thursday before the crucifixion Jesus washed the disciples' feet - even Judas', when He knew Judas was the one who would betray Him.  I want to learn to love the way Jesus loves, the way our families showed love toward our faculty and staff this week during Teacher Appreciation.  It was very timely to be ministered to in so many unselfish, thoughtful and tangible ways.  I am thankful for every kind word, card, drawing, piece of fruit, hug, dessert, breakfast casserole, cup of coffee, juice, bread, biscuit, salad, sweet tea and gift I received.  The Heiskell parents were truly the hands and feet of Christ this week.  

"To God be the glory,
To God be the glory,
To God be the glory,
For the things He has done.
With His blood, He has saved me,
With His power, He has raised me,
To God be the glory
For the things He has done."

 

Thank you Miss Judy's class for your generosity and kindness. 

No comments:

Post a Comment