Saturday, July 9, 2011

Choose your friends carefully...

Aren't you thankful that you are at a Christian school where you can find so many wonderful Christian friends?  When I was going into the 8th grade my dad was transferred to MacDill, AFB in Tampa, Florida where I entered junior high school.  God brought a wonderful girl named Winona into my life.  We met at church and then attended the same high school for one year before her family moved to Pennsylvania.   We would stay in touch from time to time over the years and have remained best friends.  For Mother's Day Winona's children gave her a ticket to come visit me.  We have had so much fun staying up late and talking and going places together.  The beauty of our friendship is built in our love for the Lord.  During the year, although we are thousands of miles away, we use the same devotion book and love to share via "chat" on email how God is working in our lives.  Years are flying by but it only takes a hug hello to be the same teenagers we were so many years ago.  I am thankful to God for providing me with such a sweet friend and I pray that you will be seeking the wonderful friends that God is placing in your life each day at The Heiskell School.  I am so thankful that we have this time together. 


 Winona and me at the Atlanta Botanical Gardens.

No comments:

Post a Comment